On this page we set out some of the key policy positions we support. Not quite a manifesto, but some guiding principles that underpin our approach to utilities in Scotland.
- A balanced energy generation policy. We strongly support the development of renewable energy, but we don’t believe it is desirable to put all the proverbial eggs in one basket.
- Planning our energy future. The pseudo energy market has failed, so governments need to plan future energy generation.
- Scottish Water should remain a public service. That includes ruling out mutualism, public interest corporations or anything else designed to privatise through the back door.
- Eliminating fuel poverty. A dry warm home for all should not be beyond a country as rich as Scotland.
- Tackling climate change. Measures to reduce emissions should be at the heart of public policy.
- Addressing the growing skills gap. Scottish utilities will need thousands of skilled workers if the ambitious goals for the sector are to be achieved.
For a more detailed review of utility policy we would recommend the following publications: